New Ways to Tell Your Story
In celebration of one-hundred years of the Saint Paul Public Library (SPPL) in the community, SPPL has developed a set of fun, easy-to-use tools that allow you to share YOUR story. Explore these tools below.
Before you submit your story
Do you have a story to add to the Digital Scrapbook? Use this form to submit audio, video, photos, text and documents! Please note:
- Please read the Submission Disclaimer before sending content.
- We cannot guarantee that all content submitted will be displayed on the Scrapbook.
- We can also share Tweets on the Digital Scrapbook! Include the unique Tweet URL in the text field before hitting submit.
Sharing your story on social media: Please note that video content will also live on a dedicated YouTube channel, and audio content will live on a dedicated SoundCloud channel. Patrons are encouraged to go to those channels to share their content on their social media channels as the Digital Scrapbook is only able to share full pages of stories, not individual stories.
StoryKit: One Kit. Hundreds of ways to tell your story.
Featuring a fun, easy-to-use set of audiovisual and artistic tools, telling your story has never been easier with StoryKit. Do you have a Saint Paul Public Library card? Visit your local branch to check one of these kits out for up to three weeks!
- Magic Wand Scanner: Portable scanner that can capture images up to 900 dpi. Use this to scan family photos and documents.
- Zoom H1 Recorder: Professional-quality stereo recording that fits in your pocket. Use this to interview family and friends.
- Polaroid Cube+ Wifi: Record HD 1440p video with a 124° wide-angle lens, and a built-in battery that records up to 90 minutes. Now with WiFi and a mobile app (available on Android and iOS).
- Leda Sketchbook and art supplies: Professional artist sketchbooks with thick 81-pound paper. Use up to one page of the sketchbook for your visual journal entry. Colorful pens and sketching pencils are also included in the kit.
StoryPhone: Leave Your Story After the Tone: 612-314-9662
It’s a really simple idea: what if you could call up the library and leave a story via voicemail? StoryPhone allows you to tell your story on your own time, in whatever setting you choose. Simply call 612-314-9662 and leave your story after the tone, along with your name (please spell it out clearly). StoryPhone is powered by Google Voice.
- The service is available 24/7.
- If you do not verbally opt-out or tell the library you do not want the recording archived and shared, it will be included on the library’s Digital Scrapbook platform.
- If the library has questions or needs to clarify something, a staff person may call you back unless you have verbally opted-out.
- The library may edit recordings to improve audio quality.
- Individual stories will be stored at soundcloud.com/sppl.
- By submitting your story via StoryPhone, you are agreeing to the Digital Scrapbook User Agreement.